Fluent forms is an advanced form builder for WordPress available in free and pro versions. The free version in the WordPress repository packs all the essential features needed to build simple interactive forms such as contact forms.
Building forms is also very straightforward thanks to the plugin’s workflow and polished user interface. Some of the more advanced features such as how to set up a Reply To email address may however be difficult for some users to figure.
When a form is submitted on the front end, the captured data is by default saved in Fluent Form’s Entries page. Setting up an email notification is however more ideal for forms such as contact forms as it makes it easier to reply to submissions without logging into the WordPress dashboard.
Replying to these email notifications however uses the From email address which by default is usually the admin email address. As such, one has to copy the submitted email address filed every time when composing a reply.
To avoid this, we can set up a reply to email address which instructs the email client to use the submitted address instead. Here’s how to do that.
- Go to your WordPress Admin and open
Fluent Forms > All Forms.
- Click the Edit link below the form you want to customize.
- Switch to the Settings & Integration tab at the top, then select Email Notifications.
- Go to the target notification and click on the Gear icon below the Actions column.
Note: You’ll have to add and enable an email notification if you hadn’t setup one already.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and expand the Advanced section.
- Click three dots at the end of the Reply To box and select the email input (field) in your form that you want to use.
You can also enter an email address if you want all replies to be sent to a specific email address.
- To finish, click the Save Notification button.
After doing this, go to the front end and send a test message using the form. Once the form is submitted successfully, go to your email client and reply to the email notification.
The email address you submitted in the form should automatically be added in the reply box instead of the admin email address. That’s it!
Thank you! This helped. Looks like this was pretty tricky to find.
Glad to hear it helped. I also hard time finding it initially.