Need a quick, painless way to import your contacts to your windows mobile phone? Just follow the following steps to import a VCF into your Windows phone.
You’ll need the following:
- A Vcard (*.vcf) file with your contact: you can export this from your old phone with the contacts. Android phones can do this directly from the contacts app menu.
- A micro SD card.
- Transfer my Data app: this should come pre-installed on your windows mobile phon; if not just install it from the store.
VCF to Windows 10 Mobile
- Start by copying the VCF file containing the contacts to your SD card. You can copy it to any folder, but preferably copy it to the root of the SD card. You can also copy multiple VCF files to import. Note: DO NOT copy it to the internal memory; it won’t work.
- Open the Transfer my Data app from the app list.
- From the app, ignore the Continue button and instead launch the menu using the three dots at the bottom left.
- Choose import from SD card from the menu.
- Now just give it some time to find the VCF file. Once it finds it, the available Contacts will be selected automatically for you.
- Hit the start button to begin the import.
That’s it. The contacts should now be available in the People app. Should this method not work for you or if you don’t have an SD card, you could try importing contacts from another phone using Bluetooth or import them from a SIM card.