If you’re like most people, then chances are that you used your main Gmail address when you signed up for Blogger. It’s the obvious thing to do. However, few years later after having this blog up and running, I started realising that that may have not been the best of choices.
That’s because all correspondence emanating from the blog including the comment notifications (a great deal of which tend to be spam) and messages left from the contact form gadget are sent to this address by default.
While changing the default address for the comment notifications is possible inside Blogger settings there’s no equivalent setting for changing the email used to receive emails via the contact form gadget.
So where is it? Well it turns out it’s in the Blogger Profile that you filled the very first time you joined Blogger. You’ll therefore have to edit the user profile to update this address.
Update Blogger Profile Email Address
1. Edit your Blogger profile by going here or go to: Blogger Settings > User Settings > Blogger > Edit
- We need to edit the old Blogger profile. If you’ve already upgraded to the Google+ one, you’ll have to downgrade temporarily to change this setting.
- After you’re done, you can switch back to the Google+ profile.
2. In the settings, go to the Identity section and under Email address enter the address you’d wish readers to contact you with.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and save the profile to apply the changes.
Just in-case you’re wondering, this is not the email address that’s linked to Blogger. You get to keep that one as it is.
If you’d wish to change that one as well, then you’ll have to change the owner of the blog. To do that go to Blogger Settings > Basic > Permissions. Once there, add the new email address, make it the Admin then remove the old Admin.