We live in a generation where there’s endless access to cameras and photos. As a professional photographer, you tend to take many photos to run a commercial campaign or to upload it on multiple social media platforms. These photos get accumulated over time, and you would likely need to resize the photos in bulk to use them on different social media platforms.
When it comes to internet images, size matters a lot, especially for individuals who can’t wait for a picture-heavy page to load due to sluggish or poor internet connections. In such situations, many people get impatient and would rather find a different platform than wait. So it’s essential to post photos that are of the correct size to reduce such bounce rate.
Professional photographers take large-format photos with digital cameras. These accumulated photos need resizing to standardize them for a project or to run a commercial campaign. Resizing single photos might consume your time. But you don’t have to be concerned about it anymore.
In this article, we will assist you in resizing your bulk images on Windows 11 easily. Additionally, if you have run into a photo loss scenario due to any reason, then go through the article on how to recover photos using Remo Recover in a few simple steps.
Why Would you Want to Resize your Images?
Common reasons include:
- You would likely resize your images if you are uploading in bulk on various social media platforms.
- Blogs frequently become unresponsive when photos are too large. Your website themes, especially those with homepage sliders, can go haywire.
- To have standardized images on the blog or website.
- If you have multiple photos of different sizes, then you can resize them to use for the same cause.
Because most photos are usually not in the exact size we require, knowing how to resize an image appropriately is critical.
When an image is resized, the pixels in the image are updated. When reducing the size of a photograph, the picture editing program removes any unwanted pixels.
The photo editor must create and add new pixel details while enlarging a picture. This is why it is required to understand how pixels work.
Below we will discuss how you can resize a big number of images at once rather than one at a time.
How to Resize Multiple Images at Once in Windows 11?
You can use PowerToys to resize images in batches instead of resizing them one by one. Here are some instructions for resizing several photos at once.
Step 1: Install PowerToys
PowerToys is open-source software available for all Windows 11 users.
- Download and install the PowerToys application from the Microsoft site.
- Open the app and click on Image Resizer and then Enable the Image Resizer.
- Now from the options below, you can resize the images respectively.
Step 2: Resize Multiple Images at Once
Follow the steps below to resize multiple images at once on Windows 11
- Open File Explorer and go to the images you want to resize.
- Select the images you want to resize and right-click and select Resize Images.
- Select the size from the list, else click on Custom and customize the image size dimensions.
- If you select custom size, you will also need to select the resize type:
- Fill: this increases or decreases the width of the photo to fill the screen
- Fit: this increases or decreases the height of the photo to fit the screen
- Stretch: this resizes images that can fit on the entire screen
- Finally, click on the Resize option.
Step 3: Additional Settings on PowerToys
If you wish to alter the file format, quality, or name of multiple photographs at the same time, you can do so in PowerToys. Here’s how:
- Open the application and go to Image Resizer.
- Now under images size click on Add new size.
- Click on the Edit button and add a suitable size.
How to Recover Deleted Photos
As you know, resizing images can result in a change in image quality, so making a backup of the original images is essential. Moreover, your images will be less clear if you resize them down to a very lower size. You won’t be able to get the original image back once you’ve resized it. Thus, you may likely end up with blurry images, which you cannot use.
Apart from this, if you ever happen to accidentally delete or lose photos while editing or resizing, then worry not! Remo Recover is an effective software to recover photos from any storage device like PC, SD card, SSD, or external hard drive.
This tool can easily recover more than 300 file formats, including the popular images formats such as NEF, PNG, JPEG, SVG, CR2, CRW, CR3, K25, and many more.
To recover deleted photos, follow the steps below:
- Download and install Remo Recover on your computer.
- From the main screen, click on Recover Photos.
- Select the drive from which you want to recover photos and click on Scan.
- Once the scanning process is completed, a list of recovered files will be displayed in File Type View and Data View.
- Click on the Preview option to evaluate the success rate of the software.
- Finally, click on the Save option to get back the recovered files to the desired location.
I hope you liked this article on how to resize multiple photos at once on Windows 11 or 10 but do remember to take a backup of your important photos before resizing. In case you lose your important photos due to any reason, then make use of Remo Recover for hassle-free photo recovery.